Anita and new cohost Kat Spada start off the season strong with an episode all about the allure of toxic masculinity onscreen. Special guest Dave Proctor returns to discuss why male characters embodying cisheteronormative values can be so obviously problematic, but often still manage to be attractive and compelling to us a viewers.
54:36 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Kat on the movie Aline (2020) directed by and starring Valérie Lemercier
* Anita on the shows Severance on Apple TV, and Minx and Winning Time both on HBOMax
* Dave on The Linda Lindas’ album Growing Up – https://thelindalindas.bandcamp.com/
* Submit your own FREQ out at feministfrequency.com/FREQOUT
Learn more about Kat:
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Twitch: @femfreq twitch.tv/femfreq (every Thursday at 6:30pm PT)
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/