It’s Caro’s last episode as co-host of the Feminist Frequency Radio Podcast, but she’s lightening the weight on our hearts with her final delightful discussion pick: the irreverent 2013 gem WE ARE THE BEST! about a group of young teen girls forming a punk band in 1982 Sweden. Another perfectly “Caro Movie” that focuses on beautiful, character-driven storytelling, WE ARE THE BEST! captures those golden moments of adolescence when everything seems both possible and impossible at once. Friendships seem to burn brighter; parental attention starts to chafe; and identity is an ever-changing kaleidoscope. Listen in for our discussion as we say goodbye.
8:20 – Main discussion on We Are the Best!
41:53 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Anita on the film Desert Hearts (1985) directed by Donna Deitch
* Caro on the film Sweat (2020) directed by Magnus von Horn
* Ebony on the 2016 crime drama series Maigret
* Guest Freq Out from listener Kit on the 6 book series Murderbot Diaries
* Submit your own FREQ out at feministfrequency.com/FREQOUT
* Caro’s haircut – https://twitter.com/carolynmichelle/status/1421182463649280001
* Bitch Media review of We Are the Best! – https://www.bitchmedia.org/post/we-are-the-best-is-a-joyous-coming-of-age-film-about-young-punks
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/