Today’s episode of the podcast finishes up our spooky season series on occult-themed nostalgia watches with 1987’s The Witches of Eastwick, starring Susan Sarandon, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Cher, adapted from the John Updike novel. Join us as we try to figure out how we feel about this movie including big 80s perms (great), Cher (even better), and Jack Nicholson’s diabolic sex appeal (not good). Made at the height of Reagan’s America, does the film have something insightful to say about gender inequality, or like the devilish Daryl, is it in the end all about reinforcing the Patriarchal status quo?
8:18 – Main Discussion on The Witches of Eastwick
42:52 – What’s Your Freq Out?
* Ebony on the Starz documentary, Seduced: Inside the NXIVM Cult
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/