On the heels of the recent release of director Robert Eggers’ Viking epic The Northman, Kat Spada and special guest Dr. Kishonna Gray—Associate Professor in Writing, Rhetoric, and Digital Studies at the University of Kentucky—step back to 2015 to consider Egger’s first film, The Witch.
CW: This episode contains discussion of film portrayals of supernatural or historical violence against woman and children, including infanticide.
1:00:10 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Kishonna on the game Fortnite
* Kat on the HBOMax series Julia and the companion podcast
* Submit your own FREQ out at feministfrequency.com/FREQOUT
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Twitch: @femfreq twitch.tv/femfreq (every Thursday at 6:30pm PT)
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/