On this episode of Cyberpunk Summer, we are discussing TRON, a 1982 adventure film directed by Steven Lisberger and starring Jeff Bridges as a software engineer-turned-arcade owner, who is corporeally transported into cyberspace by a power-hungry computer program. Anita and Kat are joined by acclaimed author, public speaker, and travel writer, Geraldine DeRuiter, to sift through the film’s convoluted plot, and perhaps more importantly, its legacy as one of the earliest movies to use computer-generated animation and groundbreaking technology.
Note: Like your podcasts a little more polished? Check out the edited audio version of this episode at Patreon.com/femfreq or any of your favorite podcatchers.
49:23 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Kat on the “What I Want” music video by MUNA
* Anita on the movie Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
* Geraldine on the series Our Flag Means Death
* Roger Ebert’s review: https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/tron-1982
* Kat’s freq out: https://youtu.be/ysQl74R_Tog
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Twitch: @femfreq twitch.tv/femfreq (every Thursday at 6:30pm PT)
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/