Welcome to Cyberpunk Summer, episode 3, where we are discussing the 1995 thriller The Net, directed by Irwin Winkler and starring Sandra Bullock as a systems analyst whose life is threatened by cyber terrorists in a film that drives home the mid-’90s fascination with how much of our lives were just beginning to be tied to the internet. Anita and Kat are joined by the perfect guest for this discussion: “There Are No Girls on the Internet” host, Bridget Todd.
CW: This episode includes brief mentions of suicide.
Note: You can check out a slightly more polished audio version of this episode at patreon.com/femfreq or your favorite podcatcher.
47:11 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Kat on the Father of the Bride remake’s “Get Lucky” cover
* Anita on the FX series (streaming on Hulu), The Bear
* Bridget on the Black history of House music and Beyoncé’s “Break My Soul”
* There Are No Girls on the Internet – https://www.tangoti.com/
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Twitch: @femfreq twitch.tv/femfreq (every Thursday at 6:30pm PT)
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/