Welcome to the second episode in our spooky season series, revisiting classic, cult or nostalgic witch and vampire movies as chosen by our patrons. Today we’re traveling back to 1998, when Wesley Snipes starred as the titular vampire hunter, Blade. 9 years after Tim Burton’s Batman, and 20 years before the MCU’s Black Panther, Blade was the first Marvel Superhero theatrical release, the grandfather of every Marvel Superhero movie to follow. Join us as we dive into a grimdark version of LA, populated by blood and power thirsty vampires that can only be stopped by a stoic vampire/human hybrid seeking revenge.
5:52 – Main Discussion on Blade
46:10 – What’s Your Freq Out?
* Carolyn on the game Hades from developer Supergiant Games
* Anita on the novel The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
* Roger Ebert’s review of Blade when it came out in 1998 – https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/blade-1998Follow Us:
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/