Our spotlight on Black cinema continues today on the podcast with our look at THE 40 YEAR OLD VERSION. Written, directed and produced by first-time director Radha Blank, this sharp comedy won the 2020 US Dramatic Competition Directing Prize at Sundance. Join us as we discuss this semi-autobiographical tale of a Black creative grappling with asserting an authentic voice in a marketplace governed by white gatekeepers demanding compromise.
5:52 – Main discussion on THE 40 YEAR OLD VERSION
38:39 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Caro on the 2010 film BEGINNERS
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/