On this episode of the Feminist Frequency Radio podcast, we’re watching RoboCop, one of the first American films by Paul Verhoeven, who would go on to direct Total Recall, Basic Instinct, and notably, Starship Troopers. After discovering Anita had never seen the 80s classic, Carolyn and Ebony are revisiting the film and bringing her along for the ride. What kind of movie is RoboCop? Mid-tier 80s action flick or brilliant work of Reagan-era satire? And how does it hold up both for Caro and Ebony who are coming back to it, as well as for a first time viewer in 2021 like Anita? Listen in to hear our discussion.
7:34 – Main discussion on RoboCop
44:50 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Caro on the documentary miniseries on HBO Exterminate All the Brutes
* Anita on the upcoming novel from author Claire North—Notes from the Burning Age—out July 6 – https://www.clairenorth.com
* Kendall’s rap from Succession: https://youtu.be/6dUDQTc-9kM
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/