In celebration of the spooky season, we’re looking at media depictions of witches and vampires, starting with Hocus Pocus. Starring Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker, this 1993 Disney classic sparks a feeling of campy nostalgia for many, but how did it hold up for us and what does an almost 30 year old children’s Halloween movie have to say to a modern audience?
6:38 – Main Discussion on Hocus Pocus
41:20 – What’s Your Freq Out?
* Guest Freq Out from listener Helcio on gendered language
* Jessica Zollman’s 30 Days of Horror – www.instagram.com/jayzombie
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/