Caitlin Durante—writer, comedian, co-host of The Bechdel Cast, Josie and the Pussycats enthusiast, and very special guest of Feminist Frequency Radio—returns to discuss the 2001 cult classic film with Anita and Carolyn. Can she convince us of its “borderline flawless” status, or, upon closer inspection, does this movie only manage to reinforce the out-of-control corporate commercialism it aims to critique?
2:52 – Main Discussion on Josie and the Pussycats (starring: Rachel Leigh Cook, Rosario Dawson, Tara Reid, Alan Cumming, and Parker Posey)
40:03 – What’s Your Freq Out?
* Carolyn on Tales from the Loop, series on Amazon Prime
* Caitlin on the movies Paddington and Paddington 2
* Anita on “Wake”, episode of the Still Processing podcast – https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/podcasts/still-processing-parasite-watchmen-bong-joon-ho.html
* Guest freq out from listener Daniel on Control, game from Remedy Entertainment
** Support the Stay in the Game Relief Fund – https://givebutter.com/stayinthegame
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/
* Twitter and IG: @caitlindurante