On this episode of the Feminist Frequency Podcast, Ebony is back in the saddle and leading the charge, hosting our discussion of the new Netflix film CONCRETE COWBOY, from first-time director Ricky Staub and starring Idris Elba, Lorraine Toussaint, and Stranger Things’ Caleb McLaughlin. While we can agree that Idris Elba and Method Man in cowboy hats is a good thing, our opinions diverge from there. Who’s take do you agree with? Listen in to find out.
15:11 – Main discussion on Concrete Cowboy
48:54 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Caro on the Director’s Cut of the film Doctor Sleep
* Anita on the 2008 Swiss film Home directed by Ursula Meier
* Ebony on the novel Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
* Statement from the Fletcher Street Urban Riding Club about the film: http://fsurc.com/news/
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/