Today on the podcast we’re discussing the 24th (!!!!) entry to the MCU, Black Widow. The movie attempts to balance themes of chosen family, trauma and healing with its need to deliver lots of fight scenes and CGI spectacle. But does it succeed, and knowing Natasha’s ultimate ending, do we still care? Listen in to hear our conversation.
10:00 – Main discussion on Black Widow
45:13 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Anita on the immersive theater experience The Nest – http://www.thenestshow.com
* Guest Freq Out from listener Marion on the novel Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
* Film Freak Central review of Black Widow by Walter Chaw: https://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2021/06/black-widow-2021.html
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/