On this topical episode of the podcast we’re tackling fame, celebrity culture, and fandom. While celebrity is nothing new, the modern landscape of social media creates both new avenues to fame, as well as new opportunities for fans to access their favorite stars and content creators. Today we’re talking: toxic celebrity, access and entitlement, and the false “democratization” of fame that offers a little bit of notoriety to anyone.
5:51 – Main discussion
43:56 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Ebony on the novel The Good Luck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis
* Anita on the novels from the Wayfarers series by Becky Chambers— The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet and A Closed and Common Orbit
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/