In our final episode of 2021, we welcome a very special guest: Carolyn Petit herself! Along with Anita and Ebony, the original FFR trio are discussing Paul Verhoeven’s BENEDETTA—the premiere of which faced protests by Catholics upset with the film’s depiction of illicit attraction between 17th century nuns. Does this ecstatically portrayed story of Sister Benedetta—a fervently devoted Renaissance nun consumed by the force of her transcendent visions—qualify as a Very Caro Movie? Listen in to our heated discussion to find out.
Make a Donation for our end of year campaign at Givebutter.com/femfreq2021
5:50 – Main discussion on Benedetta
42:35 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Carolyn on Voir on Netflix – Walter Chaw episode on 48 Hours
* Ebony on novel Circe by Madeline Miller
* Anita on Home Alone in Concert with the LA Philharmonic at the Walt Disney Concert Hall
* Submit your own FREQ out at feministfrequency.com/FREQOUT
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Twitch: @femfreq twitch.tv/femfreq (every Thursday at 6:30pm PT)
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/