Great Scott! We’re firing up our flux capacitors and heading back in time to talk about 1985’s Back to the Future. Recent listeners will remember our special guest from our last episode— game designer, director, musician, and friend of the podcast, Teddy Dief. Chosen by our Patrons from a group of time travel films, Back to the Future (produced by Steven Spielberg and directed by Robert Zemeckis) is far more problematic than many of us remembered. Listen in to our discussion as we interrogate how a movie so culturally iconic and beloved presents so many issues. Or else, just tune in to hear Teddy give us some A+ Marty McFly impressions.
4:53 – Main discussion on Back to the Future
41:53 – What’s your Freq Out?
* Ebony on the problems with some progressive responses to anti-abortion/anti-choice rhetoric
* Submit your own FREQ out at feministfrequency.com/FREQOUT
* Join our community via Patreon – https://patreon.com/femfreq
or give and help make the media more feminist: http://www.feministfrequeny.com/donate
* Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2t4wu4I
* Subscribe to our Star Trek podcast: https://apple.co/316PtZc
* Twitter: @femfreq https://bit.ly/316OVCC
* Instagram: @femfreq https://bit.ly/37AbMJd
* Our Website: http://www.feministfrequency.com/